Booking rallies and attending events
As a club, we try to be informal and supportive to all our members, especially those new to competing or even owning a horse, but there are some basics which must be adhered to:
- All horses ridden at any event must be at least four years old.
- Always when mounted wear a well fitting hat to the current PAS015 standard with a 3 point retaining harness correctly fastened. Long hair must be fastened securely above the collar, or in a hair net.
- For rallies we ask people to be neatly dressed, with clean tack and horse, jodhpurs and riding boots (long or short), and no jewellery. You must have a back protector for Cross Country and Derby Jumping, and we recommend it for all jumping activities.
- For Shows, it is expected that riders are correctly turned out, with light coloured jodhpurs, shirt and tie or stock and jacket. We understand that some people who don't normally compete may not have jackets. There is often someone around who will lend one while you compete, or we will accept a black or navy V necked sweater. Horses should be plaited for dressage. (Except native breeds)
- There are specific rules for dress and tack for each discipline. Please ask if you need more information
- At all events, the safety and well-being of horses and riders is paramount. If the organiser, steward or instructor believes that a horse or rider is a danger to self or others, or that a horse is being mistreated, the rider will be asked to leave.
- Please make sure all muck is disposed of how the venue requests.